Menu

Does anyone use/manage yahoo groups?

I have one member who never gets the emails. I've checked and she's not under bouncing, pending, banned or anything else. She just doesn't get them. Another member has the same provider and doesn't seem to have the same problems. The odd thing is that we've got a conversation going and she did not get the original but she is getting the replies. Has anyone else encountered this???

Sometimes the person has more than one yahoo ID and they forgot they signed up under a different one than they're currently using. Those are the easy ones to figure out.

Sometimes there seems to be no explanation. We have a member on our group who sometimes gets emails and sometimes doesn't. She suspects it's her ISP, but they haven't been able to figure it out.

She might just have to go to the yahoogroups site to read all the messages if they're not coming through. As for getting replies and not messages, that happens to almost everyone at one time or another. Sometimes they come out of order.

Yahoogroups can be really weird at times.

I use/manage Yahoo groups. I never, ever get an email if I post the message. I have to ask another group member if it went out. And, about half the time, I don't get other emails.

I have gmail. They're not being peeled off by antivirus. Not in my spam/trash. My account is good.

I've found two things helpful: switch to digest (I seem to get digests, and I get a daily update email of what's going on in all groups), and switch to Google groups. I've become weary of dealing with Yahoo's issues. Google groups works better for mine.