Menu

2011 Voyages In English

AllBoys

I was going to get the grade 2 (2006 edition since grade 2 has not been updated) but we have spent so much money this year on homeschool materials that I will keep going with Shurley English (my original pick for this year) and wait until next year to decide what to do. I am considering getting it next year though and would be going with the 2011 edition also, so I too am interested in hearing some reviews. Bumping this for you :).

:lurk5:

I have checked out the samples with my son and we both like it. I would like to see some reviews from users though :). I think this is what the OP is looking for too.

I was going to get the grade 2 (2006 edition since grade 2 has not been updated) but we have spent so much money this year on homeschool materials that I will keep going with Shurley English (my original pick for this year) and wait until next year to decide what to do. I am considering getting it next year though and would be going with the 2011 edition also, so I too am interested in hearing some reviews. Bumping this for you :).

:lurk5:

This is basically where I am as well. Love the look of VIE but cannot do the cost. We too will continue with Shurley and then buy VIE when the homeschool co-op sale happens.

I'm using the 2006 edition, 3rd grade, with ds8. He enjoys it, and we both appreciate the visuals presentation.

Yep, the visuals are what appealed to us also :). I also like the way it is structured and the fact that the writing is separate from the grammar instruction with guidance in the TM on how to mesh the two. I like having the ability to just use it as a grammar program without the writing or use both depending on how our other curriculum choices are going. Shurley needs quite a bit of tweaking for me to do that :glare:. Oh well! I'll be looking forward to it next year and so will my son. He was disappointed when I told him we could not get it this year :(. Thank you for posting!

I am using VIE 4th grade for DD now. She likes it but I think it's a bit too easy for her. On the other hand, I also have the 3rd grade version for DS but it was way too much for him (the book is a textbook so all the work must be written out).

If anyone is interested, I am selling our VIE 3. I have the textbook, the practice workbook, the assessment book and the answer book. (Also, at the end of this school year, I'll be selling VIE 4, too.) PM me if anyone is interested.