Menu

Could my 8yo ds' eczema be from my sheets that hang to dry on the clothesline?

My 8yo ds has eczema badly, all of a sudden. He's never had it before. The MD gave him a steroid creme and an allergy medication, it went away. That was 2 weeks ago, now it is back! What is going on? All I can think of is that it's been nice and I've hung the sheets and towels out to dry on the line. Could that be causing it? He has no other allergies.

No, I'm only using Charlie's Soap for detergent and the occasional vinegar for softener. I just can't find anything new in our diet or products. It is so frustrating to know it is coming from somewhere, but not be able to pin point it.

Hi,

Sorry to say it could be anything, from carpets to paint on walls to bed. Skin allergies, are tough. My daughter still has cradle cap and eczema. Maybe its just hormones with her.

Its all hit and miss to find right products, I do know with this new house, I did eco friendly house, from paints to floors, and no chemicals. Sometimes her eczema, still pops up.

Tuff road,

Jeannette

I developed eczema a few years ago and at first it was just dairy that made it flair up so I stopped eating dairy, then it was nuts, then it was peanut butter, then it was soy, then it was rice. It seemed that everytime I eliminated one food another became the trigger. I finally got rid of the reaction when I did a liver cleanse. Often times, when the liver cannot clean your system properly, it sends the "toxins" out your skin. I was seeing a wellness chiropractor at the time and the Apex Energetics homeopathic products he used worked beautifully..and quickly.

My son has food and environmental allergies. Dust mites is one trigger. I vacuumed his mattress, bought a new pillow, and then put the zippered covers for allergies on his pillow, mattress, and box spring. I use free and clear arm and hamour detergent with borox to wash his sheets and clothes and no fabric softener. This is what his allergist suggested. It has helped William to do this.

Vickie