Menu

Need a Christmas craft for my girl scout troop

I lead a Brownie troop (all 2nd grade, 7-8 years old). We make ornaments and/or small gifts for patients at a local nursing home and then spend an afternoon singing carols and handing out our hand made gifts. I'm looking for something different (and cheap!) to make this year. Any ideas? :bigear:

No sew fleece scarves are pretty inexpensive if you get wait for a good sale on fleece (has to be polar fleece)

Wrap boxes (cereal, mac and cheese, etc) with wrapping paper, leaving one end open. Punch two holes in the top (open end) of box and loop Christmas ribbon through and tie for handles. Add tissue paper and you have a nice gift box.

Corelle plates and paint markers...that's a little pricier, but the girls could each bring a plate. You write or draw what you want on the plate then bake at 200 for 20 minutes to set it permanently. I've made the "Dear Santa, Merry Christmas! The cookies are for you and the carrots are for Rudolph! Love, ___" plate several times.

The fleece was the favorite item at my dd's craft party last year! :)