Menu

French e-Library

bibiche

• 1 month later...
Guest tatasuch
The French Cultural Center/Alliance Française of Boston is now offering “the first French e-Library in the US." Maybe it will come in handy for those of you who to not have ready access to French language books. Right now it appears that there are about seventy children's titles.

http://www.numilog.com/bibliotheque/fccafb/default.asp

Merci beaucoup!

I could have sworn it was available to anyone living a minimum of 30 miles from the physical library, but on looking just now I see that it says residents of New England. :( I wonder if they have added that since I first posted it. :confused:

I apologize.

I'll ask the librarian next time I go in. I don't understand why it would be restricted to New England residents. Maybe because they want people to buy a membership to the library itself...? (no geographic restrictions for regular library members.)

• 1 year later...
Guest mlalevee

Bonjour!

I am sorry that I did not see this before. I work at the Library of the French Cultural Center Alliance Française in Boston and would like to explain for those of you who were wondering. When we started building this ebook collection in 2011, we decided to give access to New England residents only simply because it was small and we were unsure whether we would be able to respond to demand at a larger scale. We later expanded to accepting registrations in the US in general.

We ask that people call or email to register simply because it was not possible for us to set up an automated registration and payment system. The French Cultural center is a non-profit institution and we unfortunately don't have the means of Amazon and the likes. But we hope that maybe in the future we can improve the system.

We do require that people are either a member of the Center or register for the eLibrary access ($30/6 months) though.

I hope this is helpful. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any question regarding this collection and how to access it.

Marie