Menu

Dive science with Apologia? My daughter wants the audio mp3 of the texts...

I was planning to use Dive Integrated Chemistry and Physics, Biology and Chemistry with BJU texts in 8th-10th, then AP courses.

However, my 7th grader adores Apologia General Science - especially with the audio mp3. She says it helps her with pronounciation and retention. She also likes the chatty text - which I had read negative reviews for. She has a 98% after the first quarter! I don't want to mess with what is working for her.

I don't think Dive Integrated Chemistry and Physics correlates that great with Apologia Physical. So, we may just use Apologia Physical Science the same way we use Apologia General Science with all lab supplies in our kits- I'm only using both as middle school courses anyway.

For bio I would use both Apologia texts, including Advanced Bio/Anatomy with the Dive cd-rom syllabus. We would use Apologia Chemistry/Advanced Chemistry with the Dive Chemistry syllabus. I think only Apologia Adv. Chem doesn't have a MP3 available. We would also buy the Dive lab kits for bio and chemistry.

Does anyone choose Apologia over BJU for Dive because of the audio mp3???

Edited by LNC

What about a compromise? You could have her use the BJU text with DIVE (perhaps along with the BJU tests to use either as chapter tests or as review sheets), but you could also have her listen to the mp3s from Apologia. Then she'd get the more detailed info from the BJU text you want her to have to be well prepared for AP classes later, but she'd still get the mp3s she loves.