Menu

Mapping the World by Heart

Kathy G

Mapping the World by Heart sounds like great fun, but unfortunately, it is little more than lists of places to put on a map (and very expensive for what it is). Check out Mapping the World with Art instead. It might be more aligned with what you're wanting.

Mapping the World by Heart sounds like great fun, but unfortunately, it is little more than lists of places to put on a map (and very expensive for what it is). Check out Mapping the World with Art instead. It might be more aligned with what you're wanting.

:iagree:We are using Mapping the World with Art this year and it's wonderful! I don't know how the cost compares with "...By Heart" but I think it's reasonably priced, and it's non-consumable so you can use it over and over.

Just another recommendation for "With Art", NOT "by Heart".

Mapping the World with Art is really fantastic. You can choose how much of it to use -- there are history lessons (attempts to map the known world, told chronologically, as you learn to draw more and more of the world), projects (cooking, making simple scientific tools, demonstrations of concepts, board games), and, of course, the drawing. You can do the drawings with the dvd (my preference) or from the step-by-step drawings (the choice of some who find it hard to keep up with the dvd)... It's very adaptable to a range of ages. I believe Ms McHenry says "5th-10th" grades. I would need to add additional reading and writing for high school students. Younger students who are interested and have perseverance (and an ability to cope with occasional frustration / imperfection) can also do the program.