Menu

Aussies help me out? Are transcripts of court cases available to the public?

I am trying to get some official information, perhaps a transcript or something on this legal case, is that something of public record? Or is there at least an official news source that contains this information? I don't trust quotes from privately run web pages or from posts on message boards.

Case Number: B12083367

Acting Prosecutor: Mr Steven Unthank

Accused: FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE

I am particularly interested in proof of this quote:

Legal argument for the accused was presented by lawyers representing the Watchtower Society, including that the accused did not exist.

I would be interested in paying for hard copies or what not.

TIA.

Thanks Melissa, I had found that. I appreciate your help.

There is quite a bit of info at JWnews.org, but I am hoping to find the same elsewhere to back it up. Apparently I asked about this too soon and newspaper articles and/or transcripts could be forthcoming at a later date. I would appreciate you all to keep your eyes open and let me know if you find any, so that I can obtain copies.

It seems to me then, as a Christian, the question to ask is:

If the faithful and discreet slave do not exist, then who replaced Moses?

I personally hadn't heard about it before you wrote, I don't think it has made any papers etc. the court mentioned is only 2 1/2 hours away from me , and in the same media coverage area.

I am not sure I see what you are trying to get at.re. question above. It really seams to me a simple matter. everyone who works with children has to get a working with children check. It has been phased in over a few years, first teachers etc. then sporting bodies etc., then religious leaders etc. Apparently the JW's or at least some of the elders in one particular congregation have refused to get a working with children check. I have no idea about particulars, if they are just refusing for no reason, if they are refusing because the are claiming they are not church leaders, or if they are refusing because they wouldn't pass the check.