Menu

Does anyone mill wheat with the manual Family Grain Mill?

It's slow. I have the kitchenAid attachment and use it that way. To me grinding manually is not practical for anything over 2 loaves. My SIL uses it with the motor base and says it works well. Maybe your friend could get the manual version and then when she gets tired of it save up for the motor base?

It's slow. I have the kitchenAid attachment and use it that way. To me grinding manually is not practical for anything over 2 loaves. My SIL uses it with the motor base and says it works well. Maybe your friend could get the manual version and then when she gets tired of it save up for the motor base?

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along.

I have one and my dh has a chuck that fits his electric drill (heavy duty not battery operated) and I just hold the chuck in place, pull the trigger and bam! Much easier than hand cranking. The hand cranking is doable but it is VERY time consuming if you are doing more than 4 cups of wheat berries.

I have one and my dh has a chuck that fits his electric drill (heavy duty not battery operated) and I just hold the chuck in place, pull the trigger and bam! Much easier than hand cranking. The hand cranking is doable but it is VERY time consuming if you are doing more than 4 cups of wheat berries.

Good to know. Thanks!