Menu

What are you reading aloud : Oct 24

tammyw

Salamandastron, by Brian Jacques. I am so freaking tired of reading Redwall books.

I've never really liked Brian Jacques.:leaving:

We're reading The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland by Kathryn Valenti. And it's completely awesome. I like it more than the kids, I'm sure.

Do you mean a non-fiction book or biography when you say "real"?

I was thinking biography or historical fiction, as long as the biography is not Ben and Me. Tried that. Personally, I would like a good biography. Lately, we have read Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie-the-Pooh, and now Pinocchio. Something without a talking animal.:)

I was thinking biography or historical fiction, as long as the biography is not Ben and Me. Tried that. Personally, I would like a good biography. Lately, we have read Narnia, Alice in Wonderland, Winnie-the-Pooh, and now Pinocchio. Something without a talking animal.:)

Or something like The Penderwicks or The Saturdays which have no magic or talking animals?

We just finished all 4 of The Wrinkle in Time books; Wrinkle, Wind in the Door, Swiftly Tilting Planet and the Noah one (what is the name of that?!). The kids LOVED it. My 8 yo was talking about it in writing class today- saying that one of the major themes was being true to yourself even when people try to make you think you are someone else, or that what you think isn't important (wow!).

We'll probably jump back into the Little House series. She's loved that. We are ready for the Long Winter (ugh). We live an hour from where it took place and we can feel it.

My kids LOVED Beowulf! Bethleham books has a great edition!