Menu

Book recommendations - 12 yo girl

My cousin is turning 12, and I usually give books as gifts. Any suggestions for a 12 yo girl?

I am considering Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, but I haven't read either of them to know for sure if they're good, and I would love some other ideas as well.

Thanks!

ETA: Circumnavigated of course, not circumvented.

Edited by crstarlette

My cousin is turning 12, and I usually give books as gifts. Any suggestions for a 12 yo girl?

I am considering Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, but I haven't read either of them to know for sure if they're good, and I would love some other ideas as well.

Thanks!

My husband is reading the first, and I've skimmed it. I would pre-read that one a bit. It's young adult and I don't know what your families sensitivities (if any) are. It's very odd/weird and some of the photos are creepy, IMO! LOL

My 16yo dd read, and loved, the latter and she thinks it would be OK for a bright 12yo. :)

Edited by 6packofun
add