Menu

Well-Planned Day vs On the Go Planner?

What are the differences between them? Which have you found more beneficial? Do you expect them to be available for half price soon? Do you have a better recommendation?

My impression was that On the Go was more of a general planner with very little homeschool, and The Well-Planned Day was more of a homeschool planner with a bit of other stuff added. :bigear:

What are the differences between them? Which have you found more beneficial? Do you expect them to be available for half price soon? Do you have a better recommendation?

The on the go planner is about half the size and is a day timer. It has time slots listed but I could not see it being used (very well atleast) as a homeschool planning book. The Well Planned Day is a homeschool planner and is a full 8-1/2 x 11 size. There are spots to write assignments for 4 kids each day.

Both books have daily pages as well as a monthly calendar.

I have them both and use them for different reasons. The WPD I use as my homeschool planner and write down their assignments for each day, which books they are to read, what pages to be done, etc. I use the on the go one as my life day timer with all my apts, things to be done each day, etc. I don't use it for homeschool related things (assignments etc) unless it pertains to me- ie: pick up books from library.

I will say that I love the look of the on the go planner but I don't love the layout of each page. I thought I could work with it, but it drives me bonkers as I would have preferred each day to be compromised of wide, short columns vs. the skinny tall ones.

I really like the WPD and it's my 3rd year using it. I don't know if it's the best or anything but I find it visually appealing and I enjoy using it for that reason. :)

I used the WPD last year. It's pretty, and it has some encouraging advice for homeschoolers. But, I thought it was very expensive. This year, I'm using a $6 student planner that I found at walmart, and it's working out just fine. Really, I just want to be able to write down what we are doing each day. I don't need to make my grocery list in my planner. ;)

The on the go planner is about half the size and is a day timer. It has time slots listed but I could not see it being used (very well atleast) as a homeschool planning book. The Well Planned Day is a homeschool planner and is a full 8-1/2 x 11 size. There are spots to write assignments for 4 kids each day.

Both books have daily pages as well as a monthly calendar.

I have them both and use them for different reasons. The WPD I use as my homeschool planner and write down their assignments for each day, which books they are to read, what pages to be done, etc. I use the on the go one as my life day timer with all my apts, things to be done each day, etc. I don't use it for homeschool related things (assignments etc) unless it pertains to me- ie: pick up books from library.

I will say that I love the look of the on the go planner but I don't love the layout of each page. I thought I could work with it, but it drives me bonkers as I would have preferred each day to be compromised of wide, short columns vs. the skinny tall ones.

I really like the WPD and it's my 3rd year using it. I don't know if it's the best or anything but I find it visually appealing and I enjoy using it for that reason. :)

Thanks!

I'm using TWD planner this year and actually enjoy using it. It's pretty and was a treat for me. I keep both kids attendance in it, use the monthly calendar for our appointments, classes, meetings etc; and as an actual planner with my youngest. The shopping lists, beautiful pages and layout are a really nice touch.

(I've always used a NARS Daily Log Book with my oldest to submit with her portfolio.) I'm sticking with it for consistency.

I haven't seen the other to compare. The tailoring to a hs family made the expense of TWD worth it for me, but I did purchase it on sale through Homeschool Buyers co-op.