Menu

Liberty University's high school program?

Does anyone know about Liberty U's high school program for homeschoolers? They offer dual enrollment at the same time (junior and senior year) which I think is excellent. I'd love to know what type of curriculum they use, and how the whole thing works. Their website doesn't give a good idea of that. If anyone has taken from them, I'd love to hear more. Thanks!:bigear:

I think they are using SOS. I vaguely remember reading this when they first started offering online HS. I can't find what I read previously, but if you compare the scope and sequence of Liberty vs. SOS they are very similar if not the same. I checked 3 or 4 classes.

Yvonne in NE

Edited by yinne

Okay, I called them. They said they use "Ignitia" which is an Alpha Omega product for Christian Schools. I called Alpha Omega and asked them how similar it is to SOS, and they said it's almost the same thing except that Ignitia is online based and SOS is cd based.

Just an FYI, I do not believe that Liberty University itself is regionally accredited. Which most likely means their college courses would not transfer or be accepted anywhere else. At least not at any regionally accredited college/university.

May not be an issue for you, but I thought I should put that info out there.