Menu

Wanting Ideas for Book List

When you say "reading list", do you mean:

- works to analyze for Literature for the English credit?

- works to read independently to go with English, History or other classes?

- books just for fun solo reading?

Sorry for not clarifing.

Really all of the above, but more the later.

Well, what do they like? My boys love history. They love the Jeff Shaara books: Killer Angels ( actually by his dad), Gods and Generals, etc. We love David McCullough as well. My boys also love Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie books. They are a fun, shorter read. James Herriot's All Things Bright and Beautiful Series is good for animal lovers.

Christine

Well, what do they like? My boys love history. They love the Jeff Shaara books: Killer Angels ( actually by his dad), Gods and Generals, etc. We love David McCullough as well. My boys also love Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie books. They are a fun, shorter read. James Herriot's All Things Bright and Beautiful Series is good for animal lovers.

Christine

Honestly, they aren't much into reading too much. This will be for when we read together. I will have to look up your suggestions.

Have you seen this list? http://www.classical-homeschooling.org/celoop/1000.html

My highschoolers are having a contest to see who can read the most. It has kept them busy now for several years.

Now that is a list! Will have to go through the list. Thanks.