Menu

Excel, PowerPoint, Word--what else?

There is a good chance that my daughter will attend the local science/technology magnet high school program next year. She is proficient in Word already, and I am signing her up at a local university for one-day continuing ed. programs on Excel and PowerPoint (7 straight hours on each). Are there other types of software in which they will expect her to be proficient before she gets there?

How about programming--if she's never had any exposure to programming, is she going to be behind?

Terri

I have never even heard of Access. I knew this question was going to make me feel old. Off to check it out...

Thanks,

Terri

Lots of people have never heard of Access. :001_smile:

Word, Excel and Powerpoint usually come all bundled together for one price; it costs more to get the package that includes Access. And you can do lots of similar stuff with Excel; most people can poke Excel into doing what they want (although they don't use it to its fullest potential), but girl, for database stuff, you can't beat Access.