Menu

My nook is stuck...

on Homer's face. It won't do anything else. I went to the troubleshooting page, pressed the power button for 20 sec & then again, plugged it in, unplugged it, & have now removed the battery to "reset" it.

But...even w/out the battery...Homer's face remains. :001_huh: Is he the ghost in the machine? How is this even possible?

Call the nook tech support. They're very helpful. I know from experience after my nook decided to go back to factory settings and erase all my books at the beginning of a nearly 5 hour flight. :glare:

But they told me exactly what to do to get everything back.:001_smile:

on Homer's face. It won't do anything else. I went to the troubleshooting page, pressed the power button for 20 sec & then again, plugged it in, unplugged it, & have now removed the battery to "reset" it.

But...even w/out the battery...Homer's face remains. :001_huh: Is he the ghost in the machine? How is this even possible?

<<ignoring Imp's comments...just not going there.....>>

OK... A nook isn't like a cell phone. When you take out the battery, the screen doesn't clear. At least not for a long time. The E-Ink stays in the pattern last set. Homer is going to hang around for a while....

When you plug the nook into charge, does the light come on? If so, hold the power button down for at least 20 seconds so it powers off (the screen might not change). Then, plug it in and leave it charging for an hour or so - it takes at least 30 minutes for it to charge enough to reboot.

This happened to me the last time it needed up update the software.