Menu

My "I See Sam" order came (a few initial thoughts)

rafiki

If you (or anyone else) needs help with them, check out the Beginning Reading Instruction yahoo group. VERY helpful. My sister used it to teach her 3 to read but 2 of the 3 were easy kids.

It is a great program though. "easy" reader kids can fly through it but cover the basics, and like you noticed, it is slower for kids who need more work.

It took my daughter YEARS to get through the 1st 2 sets but it got easier and easier and now she can read easy chapter books---and this is with LDs and an IQ of 38.

It was meant for use in K. In fact, I was in one of the schools that was one of the first it was used in, I may have been part of this study!

The amount of repetition is about right for the majority of K students.

I find it works nicely as a complement to Webster, it is the only little book series that does not cause serious guessing with my son. (It causes a bit, but hardly any compared to other little phonics books...he is very guess prone.)

I think that with the help of the yahoo group, they are doable for most parents. Otherwise, something with more instruction might work better.