Menu

credit for phy ed

It might be better to count it as 1 credit & consider the other hours as extra-curricular.

:iagree:That's what I would do. My dc are heavily involved in music (they each play 2 instruments) and put in tons of hours for that--easily the same amount of time that 2 credits would take--but 2 credits of music per year on the transcript would look weird (or padded.) So I counted all the practice and theory, etc. as 1 credit, and counted orchestras, ensembles, competitions, etc as extra-curricular.

Phy Ed usually earns half the credit that a sit-down academic class would earn. So likewise with swimming, I think giving 1 credit/yr for all the practice (and then counting meets, etc. as extra-curricular) shows your dd's seriousness and time commitment (she's not just taking swimming lessons) without making her transcript look "padded." Hope that makes sense.

I would count it as one becauase this is what I plan to do this year :D. I take a ton of classes and trust me I could probably make 3 credits :lol:.

Dance: 5 hours/week

Tae Kwon Do: 5 hours /week

General Exercising (running, streching, etc.): 4-5 hours/week

Total: 14-15 hours/week x 36 weeks= 504-540

I would count it as one becauase this is what I plan to do this year :D. I take a ton of classes and trust me I could probably make 3 credits :lol:.

Dance: 5 hours/week

Tae Kwon Do: 5 hours /week

General Exercising (running, streching, etc.): 4-5 hours/week

Total: 14-15 hours/week x 36 weeks= 504-540

But remember that if you are applying to competitive colleges, they will also be looking at what extra curricular activities you have, compared to other applicants.

If you give them 3 credits of PE, they may wonder why that is on the transcript (rather than challenging math, science, history, lit and foreign language). Even if these other things ARE on the transcript, the admissions boards may wonder why things like dance and TKD are being counted as academic credits rather than as an extra curricular activity that is rounding out the whole you.

I hadn't thought of that :glare:. But it does make sense, so mabye I will just count the 4-5 hours a week I do exercising ( running, situps, streching ) as my P.E. and use the other as extra curricular . Don't worry though my schedule is good for this year:001_smile:.

AP Chemsitry

Algebra 2/Precalculas- 2 credits

AP Litearature and Composition

AP European History

Spanish 3

AP Enviromental Science

P.E.

Mabye-

A self designed astronomy course for fun.