Menu

Odd question about MFW

Tabrett

I noticed a weekly material list in the sample of ADV. It was basic- dried beans, jar of apple butter, cornmeal,...ect.

In CtC I saw that you needed terra-cotta pots, rocks dirt, ect... For planting.

How much on average does the weekly material list cost?

It seems like these weekly items could really add up.:tongue_smilie:

I've never done a thorough job of tracking the odds and ends costs...

But most of the stuff is stuff I'll use part of for the experiment, then can use again.

or I have it on hand and can use it.

on the CTG sample, that you're seeing, there is the note that specific experiment can be skipped. I used coffee filters and sandbox sand from the local park.

and the food items are stuff that we eat - even if not regularly. So I just figure that as part of my normal, not extra, food budget for that week.

I haven't spent tons of money on them. but I can't give a figure over the years either. I've never tracked it. But I never felt like I'm breaking the bank.

the most expensive item I bought was "modeling beeswax" one time purchase in ECC.... used it several times and then just play with it. so we bought less in toy that week.

-crystal

also on the CTG experiment..... that one can be done with a plastic or styrofoam cup instead of a clay pot. you're making a water filtering system.

or you can just read about it. now that I think about it, I used coffee filter on that and poured some coffee through the filter and let it drip in my cup -- it was weaker and all of that...

there's always quicker ways to do those things and get the same demo done.

ETA: and the most recent year we did ECC, grandparents bought us gift cards to michaels.

-crystal