Menu

s/o Calorie Counting: Jean, I am intrigued by your blood sugar info.......

Jean in Newcastle's post is below:

I've said this in other threads but the biggest thing that has helped me is actually monitoring my blood sugar. I got a free glucometer online (and 10 free test strips) and started to monitor my fasting blood sugar and 2 hours after eating. It took me about a month to figure out how I could eat and keep my blood sugar within normal ranges. In my case, it has been keeping my carbs around 150 g. a day. I cannot have more than 30 g. of carbs per meal. If I do, my sugar goes out of control. Having immediate feedback was invaluable for me. Also - as my blood sugars stabilized, I started to tell when it was out of whack because I wasn't feeling poorly all the time any more. Keeping my blood sugar stabilized has made 14 pounds (so far) melt off. I am not eating less calories per day than before or exercising more. The only difference is that I do not have excess insulin acting as a fat storer. The other change has been that my body, including my ankles are not swollen and retaining water.

Jean: i think you may have hit on something for me that might actually work -- is there anything else I need to know. I haven't done glucose testing in 11 years -- since I was pg with the twins. THX:001_smile:

Let's see:

A normal blood sugar should be under 100 (this is tested when you wake up in the morning).

Your blood sugar 2 hours after you started eating should be 120 or under.

I found that at first my body was used having higher sugars and so I felt a bit shaky even when my blood sugar was a high normal. As my body got used to having normal blood sugars, this went away.

Let's see:

A normal blood sugar should be under 100 (this is tested when you wake up in the morning).

Your blood sugar 2 hours after you started eating should be 120 or under.

I found that at first my body was used having higher sugars and so I felt a bit shaky even when my blood sugar was a high normal. As my body got used to having normal blood sugars, this went away.

I images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGtS1i-tCNkxtXFk0tQaCPbwmhnPODnrf3E_P_L9vZStIR7m1Vyou. And, now that you have shared them, I remember that from being pg with the twins.:)