Menu

What age and grade was your dc when they finished Phonics Pathways?

wy_kid_wrangler04

I started PP with dd8 when I pulled her out of K in March of 2009. We worked on it for about 2 mo. then took a summer break. We started again in July of 2009 and worked on it for 9 months, took another summer break and finished it up halfway through her 2nd grade year. So, another 4-5 months. 15-16 months total. She didn't need all the vowel and conts.\vowel pages at the very beginning. We worked relatively slowly, going back over some of the pages twice. I think 2 school years is about typical. We did ETC and Reading Pathways along the way too.

Hi Kid Wrangler

I began PP with DD when she came home after the first nine weeks of public school 1st grade. The next year I repeated first grade for her and she completed PP by the end of the 2010-2011 school year. I was worried about getting her to a point where she could more easily read books, so I did not concentrate on using PP to teach spelling skills. I recently began remediating her phonics/reading skills with All About Spelling. All about Spelling gives those spelling rules in such definitive, easy to remember terms. I SO WISH that PP would have more hand-holding instruction.

DS6 began PP last fall for his Kindergarten year. This year in first grade, after 9 weeks of school, he is beginning to learn the sh/th/ sounds. About page 76? I also just began AAS with him. I am liking the AAS/PP combo.

My younger DS4 began PP this year. He is on the beginning pages of blending one consonant and one vowel.

Hi Kid Wrangler

I began PP with DD when she came home after the first nine weeks of public school 1st grade. The next year I repeated first grade for her and she completed PP by the end of the 2010-2011 school year. I was worried about getting her to a point where she could more easily read books, so I did not concentrate on using PP to teach spelling skills. I recently began remediating her phonics/reading skills with All About Spelling. All about Spelling gives those spelling rules in such definitive, easy to remember terms. I SO WISH that PP would have more hand-holding instruction.

DS6 began PP last fall for his Kindergarten year. This year in first grade, after 9 weeks of school, he is beginning to learn the sh/th/ sounds. About page 76? I also just began AAS with him. I am liking the AAS/PP combo.

My younger DS4 began PP this year. He is on the beginning pages of blending one consonant and one vowel.

:iagree::iagree: Yes, I wish I had all the level of AAS to help us better incorporate all the spelling rules as we go through PP.