Menu

What after Getting Started with Spanish?

wy_kid_wrangler04

We are using this now and I LOVE it. Only problem is this will not last us the whole school year. I was looking into Visual Link Spanish but this appears to be more conversational and does not get to much into the conjugation, grammar, vocabulary and other structural parts of the language. What would you recommend to use after Getting Started with Spanish?

I'm thinking of Spanish for Children, too. We're using the combo of Getting Started with Spanish and Spanish in 10 Minutes a Day to stretch GSWS out for a full year & up the vocab level.

:lurk5:

The only thing is I don't know much about Spanish for Children.

I used GSWS with all my kids last year. This year the 13yo is doing Visual Link Spanish, the 9yo is doing La Clase Divertida, and the 7yo isn't doing much. Although LCD is very fun and dd loves it, it feels like a bit of a step back from GSWS. I wish I had done it first with the kids. I think VLS is a great follow up to GSWS for ds. It is more conversational, but when I thought about it, I decided that was fine for us. He's taking a grammar course, he's done years of grammar-based Latin, and my priority for him with Spanish is really for him to be able to converse with native-speakers. So VLS fits the bill for us.