Menu

The Star Wars Cookbook - Does anyone own this? Are the recipes worth it?

Dh and I are putting on a science event called "The Science of Star Wars" and it's going to be a SUPER COOL evening. I'd like to make "space-age" sncaks...something fun and I thought about buying the book and then putting it on display. But, if it's lame and the recipes aren't tasty, I'd hate to waste my funds.

I'm hoping someone has this and can give me an idea. I would need to make snacks/desserts and not main courses. We are going to serve a specialty coffee for the adults that we will label "Jabba Java".

Thanks,

Faith

We have the book but have never made anything from it, so I can't address the tastiness issue.

These dessert recipes are the portable ones:

Wookiee Cookies - a variation on chocolate chip cookies.

Bossk Brownies - a variation on brownies.

Death Star Popcorn Balls - like the name says. :)

Sandtrooper Sandies - cutout sugar cookies.

HTH!

Thanks everyone. It would be easier if our library had it. But, our library doesn't have much of anything at all. sigh...

I thought maybe the desserts would look unique or something, but if they are essentially standard desserts and they've just been renamed, well that's something I can do myself.

Faith

We have both cookbooks and my son has made a lot of the recipes. They're decent, but as previous poster said, the desserts are generic, you could substitute any but rename it with a Star Wars theme.

If you had a choice, I'd get the 2nd Star Wars cookbook because there is a super awesome stencil of Darth Maul for the Darth Maul dip. It was pretty tasty and looked very cool...Darth Maul's face was red and black made with roasted red peppers and poppy seeds (we used black olives instead) and the actual dip was cream cheese based. Plus it has the Bubble City instructions for the jello.

Edited by jadedone80
Add link

Would you be willing to share your plans? We've done a Star Wars summer unit study where the kids did research at home for short presentations (such as compare one medical technology available today with a medical device in the movies) and watched the movies together. A science night sounds fabulous! :)

Edited by Jaz

Would you be willing to share your plans? We've done a Star Wars summer unit study where the kids did research at home for short presentations (such as compare one medical technology available today with a medical device in the movies) and watched the movies together. A science night sounds fabulous! :)

I agree!!! This sounds like great fun! I try to have a Star Wars day in May to celebrate Star Wars and I would love to hear your plans and how it went. :bigear:

Thanks!