Menu

German - conjugation, etc. Intermediate level

Guest sepurina

Guest sepurina

My daughters' language school closed down and now I will have to take on teaching them German myself. I need to teach to age 3, 8 and 11. I am not interested in Rosetta stone because they need to learn verb conjugation, etc. and they already have a large base of simple phrases, nouns, etc. They have been studying since 2, so their accents are native. I am not interested in tapes or dvds or cds, but Schuelerarbeitshefte. I can read/speak German, so I have been looking at using VUB-Gilde Verlag series, but am thinking it may be too basic for age 11. Is there another series anyone uses that they think is worth looking at?

My daughters' language school closed down and now I will have to take on teaching them German myself. I need to teach to age 3, 8 and 11. I am not interested in Rosetta stone because they need to learn verb conjugation, etc. and they already have a large base of simple phrases, nouns, etc. They have been studying since 2, so their accents are native. I am not interested in tapes or dvds or cds, but Schuelerarbeitshefte. I can read/speak German, so I have been looking at using VUB-Gilde Verlag series, but am thinking it may be too basic for age 11. Is there another series anyone uses that they think is worth looking at?

Did your German school use anything decent?

Our Sat. School uses Das neue Deutschmobil for grades 3-8 (all levels 1-3). My 10yo is starting Level 2 this year, and my 13yos are finishing level 3.

I liked Mobile, too. It is probably easier to use than Klett. If you google either of those at Amazon.de you'll find an Arbeitsbuch and an Arbeitsheft.

Not so sure how good your German is, but with my girls I'm using Cornelsen Sprachbuch Deutsch, that's good but rather challenging and I'm a native speaker. (The Arbeitshefte do have answers with it, that helps.) I just ordered those from Amazon.de as well.

Hope that helps,