Menu

AP Audit question

HI All,

I'm considering getting my dd's AP World Hist syllabus approved for AP designation. Has anyone gone thru' the AP Audit process? I have created an account and now it wants an "association code" (like what school am I affiliated with). Anyone now what to do next?

Thanks,

Sangita

They just walked me through this on Friday. If you call the College Board AP number on the apaudit website, they will walk you through it.

I believe that in the association page they had me type in Home_school and then my state and hit search. I'm in Florida, I found the one that said homeschool and had the address for our department of education. He had me link to that and that was it. After that I added the course and uploaded the syllabus.

I uploaded APMicroeconomics on Friday and AP Macroeconomics on Saturday. Today, I received the authorization for Macro.

I would call just to make sure you do it correctly.

HTH

• 2 months later...

Leonor's advice seems to have worked for me: after considerable fooling around to no avail on the College Board site, I found my solution in this thread. I typed "Home_School" in the organization/affiliation box, and marked VA in the state box. Then I was good to go. Working on my syllabus format now -- thanks!

Tia in VA

• 4 weeks later...

Wow -- the turn-around was incredibly fast. College Board approved my syllabus, so my daughter and her fellow students can use the AP designation on their transcripts this year if they wish (whether they take the exam or not).

To piggyback on related threads from this spring (thanks for tagging, Joan), completing an audit is NOT necessary for teaching or learning AP material; and some colleges might not care about the course title as much as they care about a College Board exam score. But the audit process was worthwhile for me, in that it clarified my thinking about several aspects of the course, and even led me to improve some methods (beefing up historiography, for example). The label is a nice extra. And the paperwork did not kill me.

So, consider this a word of encouragement for those thinking about doing a course audit, at least for this subject.

Tia in Virginia