Menu

Good and thorough study of human body for 2nd and 4th graders?

JulieH

We want to cover the human body this year with my 2nd and 4th graders. I want them to have a thorough study, but also do some hands on fun stuff, a lapbook, notebooking etc. What should we use? I think I need something laid out for me to branch off of. Ideas?

Julie

I just received the Apologia Human Anatomy book from RR and it looks like it is going to be good it has several hands on projects. I have also found free lapbook type things by searching for different body systems. I am also going to be using the book Nutrition 101 choose life along with it. It also has hands on projects along with healthy recipes for each body system.

I was going to suggest Guest Hollow's program, but I see that listed in your sig. Is this not enough or am I misunderstanding something about your post?

LOL..yeah, that's still in my sig but while it looks awesome, I'm a little *overwhelmed* with it.

My husband is going to be leading science so I think he needs to be told what to do exactly. Then I can branch off with some more fun stuff during the day.

We are doing Guesthollow's Human Body Program this year with a 2nd & 3rd grader. We have completed through week 5. It looks more complicated than it is :). Just prepare for a couple of weeks & start. We got tired of cells before the 3 weeks were up, but we did it :). We just completed 2 weeks on bones & it was lovely. We're pushing pause on it for the next 2 weeks (although I'm going to miss it) b/c we're traveling to WA/OR. So we decided to do a couple of unit studies on volcanoes & whales instead. We're pausing our World History too to do a unit on Lewis & Clark. Nothing like going where life leads you :).