Menu

Gasp -- dd found a mistake in Lial's Intermediate 8th ed.!

In the chapter 2 summary it states that the 2 highest grossing movies were Titanic and Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope, but the little picture is of Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace!

"And you can't even see how cool Darth Maul's light saber is in this picture!" So, not only the WRONG picture, but a BAD picture!

This is the same child who went through her Apologia science books circling all the usage errors, particularly those involving superlatives vs. comparatives. I think she might have a future in editing.

:svengo: My ds would catch this, then we have to get into a larger discussion over the worth of episodes 1-3, why 7-9 have not been made yet, and then he'd want to go dig out his Darth Maul lightsaber for old times sake. I wonder which edition I own.

Then we'd have to look up to see if it is still true about the top-grossing movies. Math! :lol:

eta: I dug it out, showed ds, and he started laughing and immediately knew the error. What were they thinking, was his comment.

Edited by elegantlion