Menu

Grade book?

Ug, I finally broke down and purchased a planner (Well Planned Day). This is a nice planner but it wasn't until I started using it that I realized that I might also want something to keep track of all assignments, when they are given, when they are due, and grade received... on one sheet. This way I can more easily see if assignments aren't getting done. My husband once recommended a Gantt Chart and I think this would be perfect. Does anyone use these? If you are not sure of these charts, here are some pictures:

http://www.google.com/search?q=gantt+chart+excel&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=G0n&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=WGdkTucXqtzRAeqFkJEK&ved=0CDQQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=636

I can do this easily in excel but I was wondering if there was a grade book that might work well for this (and save me set up time)?

Edited by Kathie in VA

well, not so easy from Excel as my version is old (2003) and doesn't have it. I can format the spreadsheet to make it work and even use the bar chart but that can get messy.

I'd want to print a blank one anyway as my older kids have outside classes and I'd like to jot down each assignment as we get it, the date received and draw a horizontal line to the date due. Thus we can pick a date and slide down the page to see what assignments are in progress. Plus it would be good for the work for Boy Scouts. Our computers are fickle, a book or blank printout would be better then completely relying on electronics. (hmm, the ability to alter the view or not worry about fitting all the assignments on a page is tempting too...)

Edited by Kathie in VA

An alternative (or supplemental) idea to what you're talking about would be to add the grade for each assignment next to it in your WPD as it is completed and you check it off. Then the grades would be documented next to the assignment and you could transfer them to whatever gradebook or sheet you want. I am doing this very thing this year. My plan is to move the grades to my customized spreadsheet on a weekly basis. My goal is to give dd a semester report card from now on, as we have never done that before.

Blessings,

Lucinda