Menu

Sometimes I really hate living near Quantico Marine Base

5 or 6 very, very, very large BOOMs - everything in the house shook - A LOT (actually, more shaking than the earthquake) - good grief. Can we just put the rattling and shaking and booming on the back burner for a while????:tongue_smilie:

ETA: Dd12 just emerged from her bedroom wide-eyed and white as a sheet. We're all a little on edge.

Edited by Kathleen in VA

5 or 6 very, very, very large BOOMs - everything in the house shook - A LOT (actually, more shaking than the earthquake) - good grief. Can we just put the rattling and shaking and booming on the back burner for a while????:tongue_smilie:

Not if you live with Joint Base Lewis McChord in your backyard, you can't. I got used to it when I was young, but as my parents can attest, it's wa-a-a-a-y more heavy-duty now.

Thanks for understanding guys. I know it's way down the list (near the bottom, actually) of things to be upset about, but the timing is just bad. I'm going to try to relax.

Btw, I googled it and it is Explosive Ordnance Detonation. I think they must've been aiming for my house. It sure felt that way.:D