Menu

Those pesky flies on our front porch

So I was wondering how do people get rid of those pesky flies flying around your front porch or the deck. They are always darting at the door when you open them and we would really love to eat out side or just relax in the evening on the deck. But we can't with them all flying around. Any suggestions? We've tried the stinky fly trap. It smells horrible. And it has helped some but there are still a million flies.

Well I've tried the water in a bag trick. I'm not sure if you have to have sunlight on it or not but I didn't think that it worked that great. I had read that you should put in money to help with the reflection. So I did. It still didn't help. I will try it again without the money. We don't have sunlight on our back door cause of a covered area. The kids just stand outside and use our fly zapper. But it seems like they come back even more. :glare:

Flies really dislike the scent of clove, so anything you can do to make that scent prominent for a while will help.

I used to take a small dip-sized crock pot, fill it with water and a handfull of cloves and plug it in right next to the patio door (on the inside of the house). It worked great to keep the flies from buzzing around waiting for their chance to fly in.