Menu

Planet Fitness anyone?

The doctor at my physical therapy facility recommended I join Planet Fitness, mostly because it's inexpensive. I have lumbar disc problems as well as a piriformis syndrome. While walking is good for my back, it aggravates the piriformis. I'm trying to lose weight, but all of my movement restrictions are frustrating. I asked her what I could do to lose weight, since nearly everything aggravates one or the other of my conditions, and she said cardio on a recumbant bike would be good (I use one at PT so I'm familiar with it). She recommend Planet Fitness because it's only $10 a month, and I can see if it will help before investing in such a bike. Anyone have experience with that gym? Good? Bad?

You can still lose weight without exercise. I know it's possible because I lost quite a bit of weight in a year with only changing my diet.

I know, but I feel better when I can exercise. I just wish practically everything didn't make my stupid back problems worse.

I have to laugh though. Our local PF has pizza night once a month. :lol:

Oh, that's funny. :lol:

You can still lose weight without exercise. I know it's possible because I lost quite a bit of weight in a year with only changing my diet.

That said, I don't know anything about Planet Fitness, but was wondering about it too because there is one near me and it is reasonably priced. Now that I've lost weight I'm looking to get toned.

Care to share what you did as far as diet change?