Menu

History & Science Schedule Question

TheAutumnOak

What are your thoughts on a 5 day science and history schedule as opposed to 3 days of history and 2 days of science?...I am currently doing the three and 2 day breakdown, but am considering switching to a daily one for both...We end up doing history everyday anyway using TOG, just wondering what thoughts are out there...

We just switched from a three days of history, two of science schedule to doing both history and science everyday. I love our new schedule! We do lots of reading for history and a three day schedule felt too cramped. I also felt that we weren't doing enough science. With the five day schedule I feel we're able to do everything (or at least almost everything :tongue_smilie:) I want to get done and my younger kids don't start getting so restless.

I only wish we'd started this schedule years ago.

ETA: I still have pretty much the same amount of time for history and science scheduled, but I've found that doing them for shorter periods everyday is more productive because my kids are more focused.

Edited by Aquinas Academy

We alternate weeks. Week 1: History, Week 2: Science, etc. So we will get about 19 (ish) weeks of each.

The only problem is that I love love love our history and don't want to stop to do science! That's weird for me b/c I have always disliked history.

We do both science and history everyday and it works well. We do history in the morning and science after lunch. We are using TOG also, and since we do our history projects on Thursday, that is a science reading day. It is never too overwhelming that way.