Menu

Where should I get this film developed???

I have about 40 rolls :eek: of 35mm film + disposable cameras that I need to get developed. These are all "leftovers" from our pre-digital camera days, and some of them are almost 10 years old! :ohmy: I've been told that some of the film has probably "gone bad". I hope not! I want to get these developed, but I don't want to spend a fortune. I used to send film to York or Clark in mailers that came in the Sunday paper. They were pretty cheap, but the pictures turned out fine. Are these folks even still in business? I just heard of Snapfish -- anybody use them? Or would I be better off just taking them to Walmart?

I have about 40 rolls :eek: of 35mm film + disposable cameras that I need to get developed.

She would take in 1/2 dozen a week to get developed so it wasn't such a huge bill all at once. It took her a couple of months. I don't think she'd lost much in the way of picture quality.

This was pre-snapfish. I haven't used them but some friends have.

I don't have any great ideas for you. You'll probably want to do some research. Or go in to one of your local places and see if they would give you any kind of a big discount. Kmart gave me a great deal once. With that much film at $5 or more a roll, it's worth some research!

If there's a possibility that the film has gone bad, be sure that a) you get the film developed at a place that only has you pay for the prints you actually want, and b) that you take the time to look through the prints before paying. I wouldn't do it by mail, personally.

Of course, I'm also slightly paranoid (knowing many people who have had their film LOST) and only develop film at places where they do it on-site instead of trucking it somewhere else! :D

Just think how fun it will be to see all those prints, though! It will be a little like Christmas - who knows what you will get? :laugh: