Menu

Recommendations for science books (5 year old who wants to know HOW everything works

My almost 5 year old has always been inquisitive, but lately I feel like I can’t keep up! LOL…I’m wondering if there are some great science books out there that are written for a preschool-level that I could read to him.

Here is a typical day:

“Mom, how do rockets work when there is gravity?â€

“Mom, why can birds sit on a power line and not get hurt?â€

“Mom, what are seeds made from?â€

….how broadcast television works, do they have plants at the power plant, LOL, how the baby gets out of the Mom.... specifically, LOL (we already handled that one), what is oil made from, how does the refrigerator work, etc, etc, etc, etc….

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

p.s.

Hi! I’m Rachel, I’m new :)

My son has enjoyed several of the Childcraft volumes (How Things Work -- I have two different years of this and they are totally different inside; I wrote about it in this thread) and How We Get Things, and also books like Macaulay's The Way Things Work, but this is a bit more advanced. At a library used book sale, I also found a big, fat book called Tell Me Why and a few other such books. But I think the Childcraft ones have been the most enjoyed.

There's also a book I took out of the library once with answers for a father to give about all those common questions, but I can't seem to find its name right now.