Menu

am I being too picky?

keep current silverware or return it?  

1. 1. keep current silverware or return it?

• keep current silverware knowing it's all going to scratch eventually
    • return and drive yourself crazy finding the same pattern with NO scratches
    • other. Please explain.

I ordered some silverware that I loved. It had the funk factor going, and I'm ALL about the funk factor.;) When it came in it was so scratched up that I returned it. I decided that I couldn't buy silverware and would look in stores instead.

Now I bought two boxes of silverware, needing to get two more. I am wondering if because the silverware I like has etching on the handle, maybe that's why this ALSO is scratched? Nothing like the other silverware, but still noticeably scratched on several of the pieces.

Then I took out my silverware we've been using for ages. It's FULL of scratches. Of course it is! Throw it in the sink, then the dishwasher, then put away. IT SCRATCHES.

So would you keep the scratched silverware, with a pattern you LOVE, knowing that it's going to scratch anyway?

I think I'll try to link a pol on this. Haven't done a poll in awhile.

I would take it back and ask for a discount :) Otherwise I would just take it back. If you are paying for a new product then you should be getting non-scratched silverware. Or at least where it isn't noticeable without a microscope :)

I have thought of this. I'm just tired of the hassles... but the alternative kinda stinks so.......

Is it silverware or flatware? If I'm paying for silver I want silver that will hold up. If it is flatware, I want something that will hold up to everyday use.

Yeah, I'd find a better quality with a similar pattern.

Flatware. It will definitely hold up, and it will definitely scratch. I currently have excellent quality silverware. I loved it SO much at age 18 that I bought some. Four kids and 30 years later, it's still in perfect condition but it DOES have scratches from all the use. I never even noticed them before today! I need new silverware ONLY because we've had too many pieces disappear. I find silverware in the strangest places: barn, tree house yard, etc. DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! :rant: