Menu

Can you buy just the workbook for SSL?

skeeterbug

I don't think you can buy it without the CD, because the CD just comes in the back of the book. I'm not sure what your expectations are with your kids, but is your 4 yo writing, etc.? I think I'd just get one book and the 3 of you can read it together. Then the 6-year-old can do the writing in the book while the 4-year-old colors the free printouts (coloring pages, one for each vocab word) you can download.

I am using this (pretty loosey-goosey summertime thing) with my youngest two, and I think it'd be too hard for my 5yo to do the writing and stuff. Well, not really TOO hard, but more than he is probably ready for. I think he learns just as much coloring the pages. At this point, it is mostly just vocab anyway. So listen to the CD every day, talk about the vocab every day, and have the younger do the coloring instead of the workbook.

I think my youngest has learned just as much as my middle this way.

I don't think you can buy it without the CD, because the CD just comes in the back of the book. I'm not sure what your expectations are with your kids, but is your 4 yo writing, etc.? I think I'd just get one book and the 3 of you can read it together. Then the 6-year-old can do the writing in the book while the 4-year-old colors the free printouts (coloring pages, one for each vocab word) you can download.

Thank you for your answer! I'm just getting ready to start this with my 6yo. I don't intend for my 4yo to join us for this right now, he has only just turned four and isn't consistent in his interest in "doing school" so I'm not pushing him at all. I was really just thinking ahead to when my 4yo is older and ready for this, I would really rather not buy the whole thing over again. I also don't want to violate the copyright.

Really wish you could just buy or download the workbook by itself! Otherwise I'll end up with more copies of the cd than I need and I imagine that's part of what makes this consumable workbook cost so much.

I have just the one workbook and I have the kids write out their answers on plain lined paper. No one writes in the book. It hasn't been an issue.

I think this is a good idea and was thinking of doing it myself. We haven't written in the book at all since I'm thinking that would mean I'd have to buy another book for the youngest!

I wish they just sold the book alone, and you could pay to download an MP3 file or something.