Menu

Teaching Company Our Night Sky

I downloaded Our Night Sky last night for $29.00. I've had my eye on the course for a long time and couldn't pass up the deal they offered me. I hit "buy" when I read a review of someone complaining that the professor was spending too much time on mythology.It's so often the "bad" reviews that make we want a curriculum :-)

Has anyone completed this course and really taken the time to seriously study classical/naked-eye astronomy?

I hit "buy" when I read a review of someone complaining that the professor was spending too much time on mythology.It's so often the "bad" reviews that make we want a curriculum :-)

This made me laugh out loud! I recently ordered the TC Geometry course because some of the reviewers were complaining that the teacher used a chalkboard and flipchart instead of computer graphics. All I could think was..."Ahhh...this is a course for me!" HeeHee!

We have Night Sky but haven't used it, yet. I grabbed it during a sale and plan to use it in the future. Sorry I can't help you with that.

I downloaded Our Night Sky last night for $29.00. I've had my eye on the course for a long time and couldn't pass up the deal they offered me. I hit "buy" when I read a review of someone complaining that the professor was spending too much time on mythology.It's so often the "bad" reviews that make we want a curriculum :-)

Has anyone completed this course and really taken the time to seriously study classical/naked-eye astronomy?

We are currently using Our Night Sky. We just started - have only completed the first two lectures. In other words, too soon to tell how effective the course will be for us.

I loved your comment on the "bad" reviews, how true! We usually plan our movie and documentary viewing based on the bad reviews....