Menu

Thinking of having a book burning party....

So, I've been going through books as I'm packing the house (trying to sort them to make sure books we *need* available quickly are in boxes at the ready, vs. books that don't *need* to be available right away).

I've been coming across quite a few books on submission I've been given over the years (as in, check your brain at the door, nod in agreement and put your trust in your dh and God to take care of it all, after all a woman can't be TRUSTED to make decisions, silly thing!). I didn't realize I had so many "Me? Obey Him" type of books on my shelves (I think we're going on about a dozen?)

Needless to say, I've been skimming some of these... and have had very strong negative reactions (shocker, I know), and DON'T want to donate them. We have a burn pit at the new house... maybe I should just toss them in add some lighter fluid and a match?

If I can get over the "wrong" feeling I have at burning books, it might feel *really* good to see some of these go up in smoke!