Menu

Why do I do this to myself??

Every year I say "I will not over-schedule. I will not over-schedule." Well, looking at our Fall schedule......I have over-scheduled. But, aside from taking away her sport, I really don't see any other option.

Between co-op, sports, and classes at home, I am wondering how on earth we will get it all done!!! I feel bad for my kids since there will be little time for free-time til after 7pm.

No wonder these years fly by......:crying:

I just want to say that I'm very relieved I'm not alone on this one! I tried really hard this year and told myself to cut down so I don't end up with 3 months of pneumonia like last year. But nonetheless I have 20 hours per week of week at work, two kids to homeschool, swimming lessons, dance lessons, in-law commitments I can't get out of.......yeah.

That is why we no longer commit to anything. We are still crazy busy, though.

That's what we ended up doing last year. Between the commitments (i.e. co-op, outside lessons) and biological imperatives (eating, sleeping), the thing that was falling through the cracks was schooling. :glare:

We finally opened our eyes while on vacation last fall and realized education was our top priority and we needed to acknowledge that in the way we were approaching activities. Not to suggest anyone else is not doing that, just that we had to sit down and intentionally vet each activity. In the end we came to the conclusion that we had been doing a lot of them because "we had always done them" not because they were enhancing our education.

:grouphug: We are trying to figure out how to fit a couple of worthwhile things in this fall without ending up overwhelmed. My kids are getting a good lesson in reality since they are at daycamp this week and have seen all of the things they haven't been able to get done when they are out of the house all day. I am hoping that they will remember that when I tell them what we won't be doing as extras in the fall.