Menu

What to do about Math?

I've ordered the Math workbook over a month ago. It's been backordered and was supposed to be back in stock this past Monday. I called today to check on the order and now it's backordered until Aug 27th!! Which means we probably won't get it until the first week of September. Problem is we started school almost 3 weeks ago and my son hasn't been doing much Math.

I'm waiting on Singapore 1B from Christianbook. Anyone know where else this can be ordered? I don't really want to have to pay for shipping, but I guess by now I don't really have a choice...

What about if I just used the textbook until we get the workbook?

Could you cancel your order and re-order somewhere else? If not, you could wait and just skip the workbook for the moment - especially if the lessons are not particularly new or difficult for your child. Or you could order the intensive practice or the extra practice and use it while you're waiting for your order. Then you'll have it on hand if you want to use it later on.

Do you have to do a math curriculum? Why not get a math games workbook? We found the sylvan math games workbook for, I think, $8 at Sam's Club. I think you should be able to find something like it at a teaching store/bookstore/maybe Walmart. It's a fun way to do math, work on skills in a different way, and warms them up for doing "real" math when your shipment comes in.

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde