Menu

teaching outlining for 5th grader history

I'm looking into starting my 5th grader with either History Odyssey or Human Odyssey K12. I'm not really clear on outlining, do I have my ds outline from the text and I tried a little bit of outlining this year from the white Kingfisher History book (the out of print one) but ds didn't really quite get the purpose of outlining or the method and I never really learned it and I feel the guide listed on TWTM on how to outline isn't sufficient for us.

Any suggestions on teaching ds how to learn to outline, any book out there that has skeleton outlines that he could start with?

Thank you so much.

If you are going to start with History Odyssey Ancients Level 2, the program will basically walk you through the process of outlining though the year. It builds step-by-step.

When you say that what is listed in TWTM doesn't help, do you mean the resource listed for outlining or do you mean SWB's instructions for outlining starting on p. 297 of the 3rd edition?

If you are going to start with History Odyssey Ancients Level 2, the program will basically walk you through the process of outlining though the year. It builds step-by-step.

:iagree: My son used this last year without having ever outlined and it was no problem for him - and he learned a lot from doing that.