Menu

I am confused with the Sonlight IG

CarenM

It just seems too easy!

So glad we made a choice to try SL this year!

When we first got out box and I put the IG all together I thought I am NEVER going to figure this out. Really, all you have to do is FOLLOW it, lol.

So much for wasted anxiety

We are loving SL

I like Sonlight too. Problem was for us was I could never follow the IG's because my girls wanted me to read more so it would mess up the schedule. LOL

Hah. We don't mind this! Sometimes we end up doing a week worth of reading in one day, but we slow down other times so it's all good :).

I like Sonlight too. Problem was for us was I could never follow the IG's because my girls wanted me to read more so it would mess up the schedule. LOL

Mine too. It was one of the things I didn't like when we did Sonlight. Reading a page here a page there of many different books made my kids crazy. They wanted to dig in and enjoy books a bit more.

Mine too. It was one of the things I didn't like when we did Sonlight. Reading a page here a page there of many different books made my kids crazy. They wanted to dig in and enjoy books a bit more.

I just read ACROSS the schedule when we want to do that :).

Sometimes if there are a lot of very small chunks from several books scheduled during a week, we will combine and do all of one book one day, all of another the next etc. I have also done 2 days each of a couple of different books to make the selections longer but keep them from getting boring (history spine or poetry for example). The read alouds I typically read 30 min/day. Overall that is faster than what is called for and we add in an extra now and then.

I love SL. I think allowing yourself to be flexible with the schedule is one of the keys to making SL work.