Menu

Where do you get your almond and coconut flour?

I make my almond flour in my Vita-mix. As mentioned by the PP, I also buy my coconut flour from Tropical Traditions and put it in the freezer. I can make it in the Vita-mix, but doesn't come out quite as smooth and lump-free as the Tropical Traditions coconut flour.

Melody

I buy my coconut flour from Bob's Red Mill. I don't know if that saves me any money, but I buy most of my gluten free flours there and have them shipped. I grind my own rice flour and make almond flour by chopping it fine in the food processor. I buy raw almonds at Costco. I don't use the almond flour much, but this works for me.

Elana at Elana's pantry recommends a certain kind of almond flour and she bakes almost exclusively with it. You might check there. http://www.elanaspantry.com/

I have ground my own or used almond meal from TJs in the past, and that works well for some things, and less well for others IMO.

I can buy Bob's Red Mill locally but it is about $10/bag.

My personal fav is Honeyville Grain bought via Amazon. The texture is far better than Bob's Red Mill. My mom is hooked on it too as the crumb, etc. on certain items really is so much better than we get w/ Bob's. It isn't cheap because we buy 5 lbs at a time, but it brings down the price per pound.

I have Tropical Traditions coconut flour.