Menu

If you use Singapore Interactive Science

kalanamak

We're far from using Singapore Interactive, but it is my understanding that you can obtain these kinds of materials easily through Home Science Tools.

Where, in one's house, would you use a Bunsen burner? Stove top? And what gas source? In college, we just hooked up to the handy nipple on the Amazingly Resilent Counter Surface.

I guess I'm hoping there is someone out there who has adapted this to home use, or can tell me that the experiments are just too lab-oriented and they used book X instead for more do-able hands on.

A girl can dream, can't she?

Where, in one's house, would you use a Bunsen burner? Stove top? And what gas source? In college, we just hooked up to the handy nipple on the Amazingly Resilent Counter Surface.

From what I've seen on the Singapore site, they say that Interactive Science labs really don't work well at home.

The practicals are meant to be done in a fully equipped laboratory. We do not recommend the practicals for home use due to safety issues and the expense and difficulty in obtaining some of the materials.

That said, here is where you'd get the burners at HST.

There was a recent thread on the h.s. board about which type of burner to get and I believe the butane ones were recommended over alcohol.