Menu

Cancer and diet...

cancerproject.org

If you have Netflix, you might look at the documentary on Gerson therapy.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating these, just saying they may be a jumping off point or consideration as one is looking at various things. I'd be looking at these, Low Dose Naltrexone, and other such things if I was (or my hubby or children were) facing cancer. What I would ultimately do, though, would...that is a bridge I'd have to cross at that time with the information I had available.

Anticancer by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD was a good read.

Thanks, I will look for that book. My library website is down, so I can't check to see if they have it until the website starts working again. :glare:

ETA: The library has it. YAY!

Edited by LizzyBee

cancerproject.org

If you have Netflix, you might look at the documentary on Gerson therapy.

Disclaimer: I am not advocating these, just saying they may be a jumping off point or consideration as one is looking at various things. I'd be looking at these, Low Dose Naltrexone, and other such things if I was (or my hubby or children were) facing cancer. What I would ultimately do, though, would...that is a bridge I'd have to cross at that time with the information I had available.

I'm crossing that bridge now. I'm definitely doing conventional treatment, but I'm trying to look at other ways to boost my health, too. I've looked at some general guidelines, and I think my diet's pretty good. There is a lot of emphasis on eating fresh fruits and vegetables, which I do. We have Netflix, so I'll look for that documentary, as well as the other things you listed. Thanks!

http://www.crazysexycancer.com/

This person has a book out as well regarding her diet (vegan). She is a young cancer survivor with a rare form of cancer.

Her book has some irritating (to me) language in it after a while, but her diet advice is written both by her and several prominent MDs in the book. She also talks about general health, mind/body, supplements.