Menu

Amazon cancelled my SOTW2 order!

Tracy

The Rainbow Resource website says:

Publisher Backorder: Due 08/12/2011

Amazon gave me two dates. One in July and then 8/9/11. Then they said that they could not fill it. I will check back after 8/12. Thanks, Marie!

Amazon gave me two dates. One in July and then 8/9/11. Then they said that they could not fill it. I will check back after 8/12. Thanks, Marie!

Hope all works out for you. Not a good time of year for them to be having backorders. Thankfully, I will not be using SOTW until our second cycle from now on. I have the SOTW 1 in hardcover and intend to collect them all as hardcover. I hope this does not mean that they are going to stop the hardcover. I would not be too happy :(!

Hope all works out for you. Not a good time of year for them to be having backorders. Thankfully, I will not be using SOTW until our second cycle from now on. I have the SOTW 1 in hardcover and intend to collect them all as hardcover. I hope this does not mean that they are going to stop the hardcover. I would not be too happy :(!

I got Year 1 in hardcover, and I quickly saw that the few saved dollars were not worth it. Fortunately, SOTW is only a supplement, so I can go without the book if I have to.

I got Year 1 in hardcover, and I quickly saw that the few saved dollars were not worth it. Fortunately, SOTW is only a supplement, so I can go without the book if I have to.

Yikes, I just checked Bookdepository.com and they seem to have it but with a big hike in price. I am wondering if the price is about to go up! I am not about to pay almost $22 for it so I will have to rethink what I will do in the future.

ETA: As you know it has only been a supplement for us also ;)

I just thought to check the other three books. I like my collection to remain the same and would rather not switch to the paperback. It appears that it is only the Vol. 2 hardcover that is backordered. I guess for some reason there is a greater demand for it this year. All the others are available at the regular price that I paid when I got Vol. 1 through Rainbow. Hope it all works out for you and that it's just a temporary delay.

The hardback is due back in stock at the PHP warehouse next week, so it should be available at Amazon shortly after that.

Often Amazon gives wrong information about book availability.

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated :).