Menu

Where would you go for a circular schoolroom table?

parias1126

I am posting here hoping that someone will have a suggestion. I went to IKEA today and bought another bookshelf and a table top with the separate attachable legs. I had planned on putting the table I bought back to back with the table I already had to make one huge big square table. Well....it does NOT look good! I need a circular table and I couldn't find one at IKEA unless I want to spend $200.

Does anyone have a circular table they use in their schoolroom to sit at the same table with their children? I would love links even if you purchased it online.

Ours is sort of an oval shape....it's just an old dining room table. I would check Craigslist, local furniture consignment stores, garage sales, for a round or oval table. The only other place I've seen them are the "official" round tables they use in schools/daycares in official teacher supply catalogs/websites for a zillion dollars....I don't think I've ever seen one under $200+.

I bought a drop-leaf table at a local consignment store. It's not only beautiful, but was inexpensive. Both girls can sit at the table with both leaves down and when I want to sit with them, I can raise one leaf up.

Definitely check local consignment stores, craigslist and goodwill/salvation army type stores. Hit or miss, but I've found the hits to be totally worth it. :)

I bought a drop-leaf table at a local consignment store. It's not only beautiful, but was inexpensive. Both girls can sit at the table with both leaves down and when I want to sit with them, I can raise one leaf up.

Definitely check local consignment stores, craigslist and goodwill/salvation army type stores. Hit or miss, but I've found the hits to be totally worth it. :)

I have checked Craigslist with no luck. Hadn't thought about consignment stores. Thanks for the idea.

If you want a kid height table, you can check places like Discount School Supply - they have tables by Jonti-Craft, Guidecraft and others that are made for schools, that wipe down clean even after things like messy arts.

They have everything from adjustable height tables (that can grow with kids) to fixed height tables of different sizes. They also have fair priced chairs (although sometimes Amazon beats their price)....and they ship free with orders over $79. Sometimes you can find some really good deals in their clearance section.

The ECMDstore has the cheapest I've seen for kids size tables. Even cheaper than discountschoolsupply.com

Shipping is usually reasonable too.

http://www.ecmdstore.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=16825&category=1056&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=

CSNstore also has pretty good prices. I don't remember what their shipping is though. I've bought tables from both places. I used to have an in-home preschool.

http://www.csnstores.com/keyword.php?keyword=round+preschool+tables&ust=&dept=0&command=dosearch

I would recommend getting the higher range of adjustable heights. They usually go all the way up to 30" high so you can use them for adults as well.

ETA: discountschoolsupply free shipping doesn't include freight items :(

The ECMDstore has the cheapest I've seen for kids size tables. Even cheaper than discountschoolsupply.com

Shipping is usually reasonable too.

http://www.ecmdstore.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?product=16825&category=1056&CategorySearch=&Brand=&Price=

CSNstore also has pretty good prices. I don't remember what their shipping is though. I've bought tables from both places. I used to have an in-home preschool.

http://www.csnstores.com/keyword.php?keyword=round+preschool+tables&ust=&dept=0&command=dosearch

I would recommend getting the higher range of adjustable heights. They usually go all the way up to 30" high so you can use them for adults as well.

ETA: discountschoolsupply free shipping doesn't include freight items :(

I've gotten some stuff from CNS too - usually you can google for coupon codes for them! I think shipping is free from CNS if the order is enough $

I really need an adult size table since I'm usually sitting with them while we do school.

The CSNstore has the adult classroom tables too. Most of the classroom tables have an option to go up to 30" which is standard adult table height. I saw this one that goes even higher for oversize chairs/wheelchairs:

http://www.csnstores.com/Virco%AE-4000-Series-42-Round-Activity-Table-with-Wheelchair-Legs-4842RW-VR1306.html

If you are just needing a regular round table I would hold out until a kitchen table pops up on craigslist. That is if you don't need it right away.

We have an oval table and I just have to say that I so prefer it over working at a square table. It is so much easier to sit between children and teach. Also, I like the elongated shape so the work can spread out.

Plus, when we have guests over, we can always fit many more people around the oval table than the square/rectangle.

Ikea? Wouldn't hurt to check there. Also, if you come across a round adult size table, you can saw of the legs to the appropriate length and. . . poof. . you have a kid table! I know goodwill sells lots of furniture and it's still garage sale season. :-)

I have seen them on Sam's Club website. I don't think they were priced to badly either.

:iagree: I've seen these at Sam's also. (they're white, plastic kinds--not fancy) I actually wanted one, but dh wanted 2 long ones for his computer/junk down in the basement. I think the round tables were $100--but that's been a year or so ago.