Menu

TTC's got a new edition for Superstar Student!

I've noticed in the last two catalogs that I got from TTC that they have a new updated edition for "How to Become a SuperStar Student." This edition is taught by the 2008 National Teacher of the Year named Michael Geisen. We own the previous edition with Tim McGee, but I'm tempted to buy this new version --especially because it is on sale :D

If any of you have already purchased this, I'd love to know what your thoughts are! If I do purchase it, I'll let you know how it compares to the previous edition.

Hoping to hear some input!

AmeliaBinMO

We used the McGee version too, and we thought it worthwhile. Dd still needs to work on time management skills though so we're going to watch it again in August.

I'd be interested too in knowing if the new version has a different focus. From the catalog it seems that it does (more of a global approach?), but it is hard to tell for sure. I'm sure those folks at TTC write these course descriptions to entice one to "gotta have it." I've already bought three sets in the last two weeks! At least they were topics I've been waiting for more than a year to get at a better price.

Is the Tim McGee version worthwhile?

This was probably the only TC product we didn't enjoy. The material is worthwhile, but the tone of the presentation came off (to us) as condescending. I don't think it intended to be that way--just an attempt to be hip (or whatever term is current;)) that didn't work out. We love TC products, but their high school titles weren't all that thrilling for my son. The exception was the chemistry dvd's.

Is the Tim McGee version worthwhile?

Well, we found it somewhat worthwhile, but not as useful as we would have hoped. I thought that it was more motivational than practical - which certainly has a place - but I was hoping for more practical. Also, we found the screen shots with the handwritten note-taking very difficult to read.

All in all, I am happy that we have the McGee version, but would still like to find something with more practical tips offered.