Menu

Anyone used PODS for moving & storing?

We're moving in 3 weeks and will needs to use PODS to store our things for approximately 2 weeks, until our other property is ready. I've never stored anything before and am worried about our things. Mostly bug/pest infestation.:001_huh:

If you've done this, did you have any issues with it? Tell me not to worry...

We used a POD for our last move and it was great! We did have to get a permit from the city though to have it on the street since they weren't able to put it in our narrow, on a slope, diagonal driveway. It was nice to fill it as we were ready and then after a week, they picked it up and delivered it to our new home. Wonderful experience and no pests or other ickys involved.

We moved across country 2x in 2006. We used a POD-type storage container to transport or stuff both times. The containers were so easy to load and we did not need a permit...just had the containers dropped off in our driveway and then picked up when we were done. I don't remember we had any issues with bugs (or leakage). If we ever moved out-of-state again we would definitely go that route again.