Menu

Meet the Masters - What level?

parias1126

What level would you go with if you wanted to combine and 7 and almost 9 year old? We did Artistic Pursuits last year, but only used it once every 2 weeks and didn't always get to it. We are a little over half way through the first book. I am going to continue with AP this year, but want to add in Meet the Masters. I want to purchase it before the HSBC sale is over in a week or so.

I am stumped between Level 1 and 2 since I want to combine my two children. What really is the difference between them? I am assuming that if I plan on using all Tracks A, B, & C over the next couple years then I should go with the bundle that includes these for Level 2? But then I am wondering if this is going to go beyond for my 7 year old. :confused:

I had the same issue. Ds2 has fine motor issues that mean he's more like a 7yo than a 10 yo in his ability to do art projects. I went with the 8-9 yo level because it looked easier to read the directions and have a child do less than try to add more. The presentation material is meatier for the 8-9 level too and that suits both of my kids now and, especially, for the next 2 years.

I did the 8-9 year old level when my dd was 10 and ds was 7 going on 8. It worked fine for both of them. They could grasp the material with no problem and the projects were completely age appropriate IMHO. We are going to continue with the 8-9 year old level since we haven't finished all of the tracks. We've loved the program so far!